This course is intended to introduce the beginning yogi into the world of yoga. This series is targeted for those who have been off their mat for an extended length of time due to careers, raising children, or to the raw beginner. Also excellent for the yoga teacher wanting to teach beginners in their studio/online. This course will dive deep into the basic postures and start from the ground up, explaining each and the benefits as well as how to safely get in and out of postures. Through detailed deep work, we will explore each posture.
This course is eligible for 20 CEUs with Yoga Alliance.
- To identify the 12 basic yoga postures and be able to execute them properly – coming into and out of them safely
- Students will feel confident in building a sustainable yoga practice and attending public classes
- Empower students to begin to calm the mind and strengthen the body
- Introduce basic terminology and Sanskrit names for yoga
- Helping students find a positive habit in yoga and feel better in their body
Here’s What You’ll Receive:
√ Comprehensive booklet with all class lectures and written content
√ Learn numerous asanas from the ground up
√ Recorded asanas in a progressive order to support your practice
√ Review of material each week – Q & A time
√ Application and reflection
√ Culminates in putting it all together into a mini flow class
- Comprehensive study of each of the 12 main poses
- Many additional yoga postures are studied
- Learn and discuss class styles and different types of yoga
- Study the history and origin of yoga
- Discussion of pranayama techniques and exercises
- Learn the Sanskrit and English name of each posture
- Learn what types of mats to practice on, props, and more…
Leti began her yoga journey years ago and has remained deeply committed to living her yoga. She took her first class to calm her busy mind and gain focus and has never looked back. Leti’s playful teaching style reflects her personality, but also her deep desire to support her students exactly where they are. She offers empowering classes that encourage students to explore and connect with their authentic self. Her goal is for students to find their own teacher within and to intuit what is right for their body.
Her students can expect a challenging, upbeat flow. Using the Universal Principles of Alignment, her classes will be safe and leave you with a feel good glow. Leti has been fortunate to study with many influential teachers all of whom have had an impact on her practice.
Leti is an E-RYT-500 and loves to share tidbits about the Hindu Deities, and is a self-processed anatomy geek. She is an International Retreat leader, teacher trainer and passionate about life, love and yoga!