Little Giant Life
Movement and Mindfulness for Children and Teens
Little Giant Life is partnering with My Vinyasa Practice to offer Movement and Mindfulness for children and teens! Connection for our children is needed now more than ever!
Instilling mindfulness for children is key to have a more fulfilling life while maintaining balance and inner peace. We believe that integrating key life skills such as emotional intelligence and growth mindset is the TRUE balance of every child to champion their own lives.
The videos are for you to do with your children! It’s about building more communities!
Objectives of this Program
- Enrich social and emotional lives through creative arts experiences that support strong and productive relationships.
- Bring together the rich diversity of neighborhood children, families, and communities to facilitate positive connections and appreciation of world cultures.
- Establish a foundation for life-long learning through creative, academic skill-building and learning experiences to promote academic readiness.
Anticipated Program Outcomes
- Lessen the use of addictive technology,
- Improve coping mechanisms to manage the daily stressors,
- Learn to manage appropriate behavior by increasing self-control and self-awareness,
- and most of all improve confidence!
Equipment: This program is designed for ages 4 – 18. The student will only need a mat or blanket and a notepad. We will make sure to suggest materials that can be found at home.
No previous yoga experience is required. This course is ideal for parents, grandparents, caregivers, daycare workers, OT/PT's, pediatricians, babysitters, and anyone that spends time with children and teens.
We choose process over perfection, inspiration over the competition. In all, we offer a peaceful and fun outlet for all!
What You’ll Receive
- Letter for parents or guardians
- Pre-recorded lectures & written content
- Recorded Yoga, Movement, and Mindfulness practices with Maritza
- Movement and Mindfulness Brochure
- Mindfulness Breaks in Between Movement Exercises
- Mindfulness and Growth Mindset Tip Sheet
- Positive Self-Talk Tip Sheet – English
- Positive Self-Talk Tip Sheet - En Español
USE THE FOLLOWING DISCOUNT CODE FOR THE SUMMER. JUNE & JULY ONLY:
Originally from Bronx, NY, Maritza Diaz is a Spanish-speaking multi-dimensional professional. As a communications strategist and health advocate, she combined her lifelong passion for communications and improved others' wellbeing and harmony.
She has over ten years of professional experience in directing marketing programs in the Latinx and English markets. She has worked with clients in Washington, D.C., New York, Los Angeles, and Miami. She also worked as a production crew member in the film and television industry in the U.S. and Caribbean for six years. Such film credits include ALI, New In Town, I Love You Phillip Morris, MTV, Univision, and much more. She was also a publicist for film studios such as Columbia Pictures, Screen Gems, Lions Gate, Warner Brothers, and independent films.
For over 20 years, she has embraced her creative side as an instructor, director, and choreographer for ages 3 - adult. Disciplines included jazz/funk, modern, ballet, Pointe, and creative movement.
Her love for movement transformed from dance to yoga. She is a certified yoga instructor for children and adults. She is committed to offering programs in self-development, wellness programs for children and adolescents while learning the gift of the power of the mind, body connection, and growth mindset.
Maritza continues to be a marketing communications consultant. She holds a Bachelor’s Degree in business, Executive Women in Leadership Certification from Cornell University, and is currently earning a Master's Degree in Global Strategic Communications.
She is driven by purpose. Making it happen has always been part of her methodology. El movimiento es vida. Movement is life!