Little Giant Life
Movement and Mindfulness for Children and Teens
Little Giant Life is partnering with My Vinyasa Practice to offer Movement and Mindfulness for children and teens! Connection for our children is needed now more than ever!
Instilling mindfulness for children is key to have a more fulfilling life while maintaining balance and inner peace. We believe that integrating key life skills such as emotional intelligence and growth mindset is the TRUE balance of every child to champion their own lives.
The videos are for you to do with your children! It’s about building more communities!
Objectives of this Program
- Enrich social and emotional lives through creative arts experiences that support strong and productive relationships.
- Bring together the rich diversity of neighborhood children, families, and communities to facilitate positive connections and appreciation of world cultures.
- Establish a foundation for life-long learning through creative, academic skill-building and learning experiences to promote academic readiness.
Anticipated Program Outcomes
- Lessen the use of addictive technology,
- Improve coping mechanisms to manage the daily stressors,
- Learn to manage appropriate behavior by increasing self-control and self-awareness,
- and most of all improve confidence!
Equipment: This program is designed for ages 4 – 18. The student will only need a mat or blanket and a notepad. We will make sure to suggest materials that can be found at home.
No previous yoga experience is required. This course is ideal for parents, grandparents, caregivers, daycare workers, OT/PT's, pediatricians, babysitters, and anyone that spends time with children and teens.
We choose process over perfection, inspiration over the competition. In all, we offer a peaceful and fun outlet for all!
What You’ll Receive
- Letter for parents or guardians
- Pre-recorded lectures & written content
- Recorded Yoga, Movement, and Mindfulness practices with Maritza
- Movement and Mindfulness Brochure
- Mindfulness Breaks in Between Movement Exercises
- Mindfulness and Growth Mindset Tip Sheet
- Positive Self-Talk Tip Sheet – English
- Positive Self-Talk Tip Sheet - En Español
Originally from Bronx, NY, Maritza Diaz is a Spanish speaking multi-dimensional professional. As a communications strategist and health advocate, she combined her lifelong passion for communications and improved others' wellbeing and harmony.